U.S. News & World Report Names “Best Nursing Homes”
Nine National Health Care Associates’ nursing homes were named “America’s Best” in U.S. News & World Report’s Ninth Annual “Best Nursing Homes,” available at http://www.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes.
The Best Nursing Homes 2017-2018 ratings highlight the top nursing homes in each city and state out of nearly 15,000 centers nationwide. U.S. News’ goal is to help the millions of Americans who will spend time in a nursing home in 2017-2018 find a center with a strong track record of good care. Per the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, about 60 percent of individuals over 65 will require long-term care services during their lives and over 40 percent will receive care in a nursing home.
“We are ecstatic for these teams; they work hard, provide outstanding care and do an exceptional job with customer service and now have been recognized for that standard they have set – they are a great example for other centers to follow,” said Marvin Ostreicher, President of National Health Care Associates. “Quality is the ultimate measure of a nursing home’s success and our centers’ continued recognition and awards demonstrate that we’re living up to our mission of kindness, compassion, service and excellence.”
Best Nursing Homes draws on CMS data that assigns a rating of one to five stars in health inspections, level of nurse staffing and quality of care and gives each nursing home an overall star rating.
“It is very rewarding that nearly 25% of our centers have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for our high quality of care. This accomplishment is a direct result of the dedication and compassionate care given by all staff to our residents,” added Ostreicher.
National HealthCare Associates Centers recognized:
- Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation, Fairfield, CT
- Marlborough Health Care Center, Marlborough, CT
- Milford Health & Rehabilitation Center, Milford, CT
- Regency House Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Wallingford, CT
- The Pines at Bristol Center for Health & Rehabilitation, Bristol, CT
- Norway Center for Health & Rehabilitation, Bath, ME
- Augusta Center for Health and Rehabilitation, Augusta, ME
- Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation, Port Washington, NY, Audrey Marchand, Administrator
- Belair Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, North Bellmore, NY, Mark Ruvel, Administrator
All of the above center were also recognized in 2016 and/or 2017 as a “Best Home,”while Belair, and Sands Point centers have received this distinction since 2013.
For a complete listing of the results and centers on the “Best Nursing Homes” list, visit the U.S. News & World Report website link at http://health.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes.
Contact: Tim Brown, Director of Communications & Relations